XMREd

Discussions about bugs, errors and tech support

XMREd

Postby Tom9405 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Hello

I want to import a car that I have designed in Solidworks. Firstly is this even possible? I am not really bothered about what the car looks like in game, I am more using the software for its physics engine. However I thought it would be nice to have the car that I am actually using in real life in the software. I was thinking I might be able to convert my file to a 3ds format (using solidworks) and then convert it again using an online 3d file format converter?

Secondly, I am not able to locate the XMREd at all on my machine. I installed the software onto my machine in a folder on my C:\ drive, but I cant find the XMREd anywhere, is it a seperate download?

I hope you can point me in the right direction

Tom
Tom9405

Re: XMREd

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:36 am

Tom9405 wrote:Hello

I want to import a car that I have designed in Solidworks. Firstly is this even possible? I am not really bothered about what the car looks like in game, I am more using the software for its physics engine. However I thought it would be nice to have the car that I am actually using in real life in the software. I was thinking I might be able to convert my file to a 3ds format (using solidworks) and then convert it again using an online 3d file format converter?

Secondly, I am not able to locate the XMREd at all on my machine. I installed the software onto my machine in a folder on my C:\ drive, but I cant find the XMREd anywhere, is it a seperate download?

I hope you can point me in the right direction

Tom

Hello Tom,

If you can convert your car model from SolidWorks to a 3ds max format, yes, you are able to insert it into XMREd.

Just download XMREditor via UpdateMaster. If you have a Pro or above license.
You will find export plugins in \XMR Editor\3dmax_export_plugin\ folder.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Return to Tech Support & Bug reports