FPS Issue

Discussions about bugs, errors and tech support

FPS Issue

Postby SilverTrimm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:18 am

So I installed the Demo on my wifes computer to see how it would run. She has an older graphics card (GTX 530) and it ran like shit. 15 FPS was what it stayed around for the most part. I was wondering what kind of FPS you all get and maybe it's time I upgrade our cards. On that note, I run a similar card on my internet PC and I was able to sit around 30 FPS.

If anyone has a high end card (660 TI +) could you please let me know what kind of FPS you get. Also is the Demo the same build give or take as the current live build? Even sitting at max setting standing still I don't get the graphics I see in YouTube vids. Just trying to make sure it is indeed my graphics card and not the demo; not being optimized as good as the final product.
SilverTrimm

Re: FPS Issue

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 pm

I get 80-95 FPS at the 1.44 demo in the HotLap mode.
The graphics are high quality, Shader Model 3.0, 1920x1080 on Radeon 7950.
You can increase the FPS by choosing Shader Model 2.0 and/or decreasing the reflection quality and PCF.
Also don't forget about CPU and 3rd party software like anti-virus, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems etc.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby SilverTrimm » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Awesome I will update my card altogether then. Thanks for the quick update!
SilverTrimm

Postby SilverTrimm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:21 am

SilverTrimm wrote:Awesome I will update my card altogether then. Thanks for the quick update!

So even with an updated card, I still can't keep a solid 60 fps. What gives? Does this mean the chance of getting project cars like graphics will never fly? I have a GTX 760 and can only push 40-50'fps with everything up. Makes me want too have it tested running 2 titans to see whata exactly is up. The canyon map drops me down too around 25fps. Physics and Fps are linked yes?
SilverTrimm

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:53 am

SilverTrimm wrote:
SilverTrimm wrote:Awesome I will update my card altogether then. Thanks for the quick update!

So even with an updated card, I still can't keep a solid 60 fps. What gives? Does this mean the chance of getting project cars like graphics will never fly? I have a GTX 760 and can only push 40-50'fps with everything up. Makes me want too have it tested running 2 titans to see whata exactly is up. The canyon map drops me down too around 25fps. Physics and Fps are linked yes?

Do you mean this tracks?
http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=160

It's not optimized at all.
Try any other track that has better optimization, like Nordschleife The Ring
http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10

Yes, the physics, graphics and FPS are linked.
The physics depends on CPU.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Well, this is interesting because I also have this fps "issue" in some tracks, example bathurst in the long straight with trees at sides (that after T1 I think) I always get 27/28 FPS. I have a phenom II 965, 4gb ram (ddr2 1066 not the latest but I don't think those are the problem) and a 7870 ghz edition OC... No metter how I set filters or hdr on/off, I alway get those fps in that part of the track, in other parts I get 60 or 50, or again 30 in other parts... So is this a optimization issue? Or do I miss something?

Thanks
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 am

The FPS depends on the CPU, GPU, settings and track optimization.
In this case it depends on the track or lack of the track optimization, to be more exact.

There are some ways to increase FPS by settings:
Reducing quality of the reflections.
- REFL. QUALITY
- COCKPIT REFL. QUALITY
- REAR MIRROR REFL. QUALITY

Reducing quality of the shadows.
The shadowing influences on the FPS also:
- SHADOW MAP SIZE less than 2048, for example.
- PCF 1x1
- SHADOWMAP DISTANCE
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Thanks Eugene,
well I think a CPU/GPU like mine have power to run high/very-high settings, and for sure your advices to increase fps are very appreciated. I'll try them.
Just to know, does mirror reflaction mean the smoothness of the image "mirrored"? I ask this question because it seems I have mirrors running at 1 frame every 3/4 seconds :) is that normal?
Thanks again... going ot now, do you usually run online races or just randomly?

Thanks again!
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Towers wrote:Thanks Eugene,
well I think a CPU/GPU like mine have power to run high/very-high settings, and for sure your advices to increase fps are very appreciated. I'll try them.
Just to know, does mirror reflaction mean the smoothness of the image "mirrored"? I ask this question because it seems I have mirrors running at 1 frame every 3/4 seconds :) is that normal?
Thanks again... going ot now, do you usually run online races or just randomly?

Thanks again!

Yes, it's normal to get 1 rendering pass of the mirrors of 2 rendering passed of the graphics engine with the default REAR MIRROR REFL. QUALITY setting of 10. Just increase the REAR MIRROR REFL. QUALITY up to 11 or 12.

I race almost every day (online and offline) except for the days when I try to solve a difficult problem or catch a bug.
Just post it for an online race somewhere here in good time.
http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Ok, first thing first I have an issue with the latest release 1.44, if I choose an addon car, when I enter the track the brightness of my screen is really low, it seems like it is night but it isn't... if a choose the M3 E92 DTM this doesn't happen.
Second, I tested many tracks and I found in some of them the fps drop down when you are pointing your car in a direction where there are the main buildings at the side of the track or many little objects like little buildings, cars, caravans, ecc... I tested this behavior with graphic settings all maxed out at 1680x1050 (my max screen resolution) with 8x AA, and depending on how big is the building it drops down the fps from above 60 to as low as under 20 in many cases, for instance at the Nordschleife (latest update) in the start/finish straight where there are many buildings, and in the middle of the green hell I can get 50 to 60 fps... in other track I don't loose more than 3/4 fps when I run between the buildings... So the question is, how this behavior is handled? Why do some tracks don't waste a single fps and other do?
Another strange thing I noticed is I can get fps up to 62.5 with shader 3.0 in a "good working" track no matter if I set AA at none or 8x... why?

Sorry for some bad english and thanks!
Towers

Next

Return to Tech Support & Bug reports