FFB

How to create cars and tracks, instructions, tips, etc

FFB

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:58 am

I recommend to tweak your FFB according to this explanation to feel it as if you are driving the car on a track.

FFB in XMR = FFB KickBack*(Load Gain*wl_g + LateralForce Gain*lf_g + TractiveForce Gain*tf_g + AligningMoment Gain*al_g + Effects Gain*e_g) + FFB Friction.
Where: wl_g – wheel load or vertical force, depends on the car;
lf_g – lateral force, depends on the car;
tf_g – tractive force, depends on the car;
al_g – aligning moment or align force, depends on the car;
e_g – effects;
FFB KickBack and FFB Friction – can be found in the menu.

You can influence on the FFB by changing Load Gain, LateralForce Gain, TractiveForce Gain, AligningMoment Gain and Effects Gain. By default these values are equal to 1.

You can change them globally for all cars (in the menu->options->controls->FFB/Zones) or for a single car separately (in VehiclePhysics->Steering->FFB Adjustment).

For example, try to change some of these values in VehiclePhysics->Steering->FFB Adjustment and you will get different FFB. Especially Load Gain, Lateral Force Gain and AligningMoment Gain.

FFB Telemetry (available in the Pro Version) displays real-time FFB diagram (Vertical Force, Lateral Force, TractiveForce, AlignForce and SpecEffects ). KickMagnitude = FFB KickBack*(Load Gain*wl_g + LateralForce Gain*lf_g + TractiveForce Gain*tf_g + AligningMoment Gain*al_g + Effects Gain*e_g).
Const Magnitude can be defined in the menu as FFB Friction.
Changing any of these values changes FFB.

XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Re: FFB

Postby Cote Dazur » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:34 pm

I drive with a CSR Elite, how can I remove the vibration I feel in the wheel while driving?
It feels like I have an unbalance tyre. Tried a few adjustment but cannot get rid of it.
The faster the car goes the more it shakes and also shakes when taking a curve.
Does not do it in NKP, etc.... specific to XMR.
Seems to be coming from the motors in the rim, like ABS effect.
Cote Dazur

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a Fanatec wheel and can't suggest any good settings for it.
I heard some complaints about that vibration from the Fanatec's owners and tried to contact to Fanatec tech support to solve the problem.

They only answered that they have vibration motors in the rim which can be connected to the accelerator pedal movement and that ABS and Sho can´t be used at the same time.
They suggested to check out the Sho settings.

If you have the Pro or Business version you can watch all the FFB diagrams (by pressing 'I') and find out which component led to vibration.

If you have the demo then try to decrease all the FFB settings to 0, like FFB Kickback, FFB Friction, FFB LoadGain, FFB Lateral Force Gain, FFB Tractive Force Gain, FFB Aligning Moment Gain and FFB Effects Gain.
After that, estimate the FFB and increase all the components (FFB Kickback, FFB Friction, FFB LoadGain etc) one by one slowly. At first the FFB will disappear, but after increasing the components you can find out the reason of the vibration.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Cote Dazur » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Thank you for your answer, I hope a Fanatec user who as found the solution will post his finding. 8-)
Cote Dazur

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:52 am

You are welcome, It seems RG DUNK uses Fanatec CSR Wheel. I hope he will post his settings for it once.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Johnny walker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 am

Eugene,

What FFB setting adjust the feel of the road?

JW.
Johnny walker

Postby Johnny walker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 am

Eugene,

What FFB setting adjust the feel of the road? by the way the FFB works great with that fix you did!

JW.
Johnny walker

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:10 am

Johnny walker wrote:Eugene,

What FFB setting adjust the feel of the road? by the way the FFB works great with that fix you did!

JW.

Thanks Johnny,

Try to increase or decrease (to reduce the strength) the "Load Gain", "Lateral Force Gain" and "Aligning Moment Gain" in the Vehicle Physics, save it (button Update) and restart the car with the updated profile (.phs). That changes the FFB for a single car. If you want to apply these values to all the cars at once then adjust the values in the menu->Options->Controls->FFB/Zones.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Return to Tutorials and Guides