New member. Small introduction

General discussion, news and update announcements

New member. Small introduction

Postby nomen nescio » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:42 am

Hi

I'm Chris, Belgian and started sim racing again last week. I stopped sim racing and a few arcadish games such as 1nsane, Dirt 2 & 3, Flatout UC, Trackmania etc... almost 4 years ago. I sold everyting, except my games, in the summer of 2011.

One month ago, my Asus motherboard stopped working, only three years old, so I decided to spend a little more money and buy a gaming pc.

Bought Assetto Corsa + dream pack last week and I'm hoping to get pCars as well. Yesterday I found out about X motor racing while reading the comments on a video of "The Simpit". I'm glad that did. X motor racing is amazing. Although I have serious graphics problems while watching replays. Maybe it has something to do with this laptop or is it a demo problem?

Is X motor racing compatible with a triple monitor setup?

I still don't have my gaming pc. I'm using a fairly simple laptop, which I got from the pc store to use for free until I have my new pc and the SRW S1 steering wheel at the moment. Hopefully I'm gong to have my T300RS next week. Once I have my new pc, I'm going to test X motor racing demo with the T300RS and if it is at least as good as with the SRW S1 and this laptop, I'm definitely going to purchase a X motor racing license.

I see that there are three different possibilities. A standard license and two others. I don't know anything about about computer programming, 3D car models, physics etc.... so is it worth while for me to buy one of the two other licenses?

That is it, I hope I'm going to be very happy with X motor racing and I also hope I can contribute "something" to X motor racing.
nomen nescio

Re: New member. Small introduction

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:54 am

nomen nescio wrote:Hi

I'm Chris, Belgian and started sim racing again last week. I stopped sim racing and a few arcadish games such as 1nsane, Dirt 2 & 3, Flatout UC, Trackmania etc... almost 4 years ago. I sold everyting, except my games, in the summer of 2011.

One month ago, my Asus motherboard stopped working, only three years old, so I decided to spend a little more money and buy a gaming pc.

Bought Assetto Corsa + dream pack last week and I'm hoping to get pCars as well. Yesterday I found out about X motor racing while reading the comments on a video of "The Simpit". I'm glad that did. X motor racing is amazing. Although I have serious graphics problems while watching replays. Maybe it has something to do with this laptop or is it a demo problem?

Is X motor racing compatible with a triple monitor setup?

I still don't have my gaming pc. I'm using a fairly simple laptop, which I got from the pc store to use for free until I have my new pc and the SRW S1 steering wheel at the moment. Hopefully I'm gong to have my T300RS next week. Once I have my new pc, I'm going to test X motor racing demo with the T300RS and if it is at least as good as with the SRW S1 and this laptop, I'm definitely going to purchase a X motor racing license.

I see that there are three different possibilities. A standard license and two others. I don't know anything about about computer programming, 3D car models, physics etc.... so is it worth while for me to buy one of the two other licenses?

That is it, I hope I'm going to be very happy with X motor racing and I also hope I can contribute "something" to X motor racing.

Hi Chris,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!
Yes, XMR is compatible with a triple monitor setup, but take in mind that XMR uses 100% pixel lighting model and you have to tweak the graphics settings to get better performance. You can find more info about it here http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=367
Pay attention to shadows.
If you like physics and would like to tweak car's physics I'd recommend the Pro license. The Ultimate one is more oriented to R&D.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Return to General