Pit Lane Reporter Magazine Formula 1 to Rally

General discussion, news and update announcements

Pit Lane Reporter Magazine Formula 1 to Rally

Postby holliejx » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey guys, I think you should check out this motorsport website that I have found online. It is a digital online E-magazine! This is FREE to download! It is called Pit Lane Reporter Magazine and covers all manor motor sports from Formula One to Rally. It is full of great features and some AMAZING interviews that you may be interested in. It has had over 65,000 readers for each issue so it is very popular. They bring a new magazine out each month which has all the latest news on motorsport. It is available on Pit Lane Reporter Magazines website and via mobile apps, I’m sure its on apple and android. If you are a lover of motorsport then I definitely recommend you download this great magazine.
http://www.pitlanereporter.com/magazine/
holliejx

Re: Pit Lane Reporter Magazine Formula 1 to Rally

Postby tazammal » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:04 pm

It is full of great features and some AMAZING interviews that you may be interested in. It has had over 65,000 readers for each issue so it is very popular. They bring a new magazine out each month which has all the latest news on motorsport. It is available on Pit Lane Reporter Magazines website and via mobile apps, I’m sure its on apple and android. If you are a lover of motorsport then I definitely recommend you download this great magazine. :P :mrgreen:
iqbal
tazammal

Postby hasseb321 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 am

Hi.
Im Valter Cardoso, league owner of Comunidade Portuguesa de Simulação Automovel (CPSA).
We have around 1000 registered simracers and we run multyplatform leagues (rf1, rf2, gsc, rbr and ac).
We are here to help if anything is needed.
alii
hasseb321

Postby Kahn62 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:20 am

Hi hasseb321,
I do not know of the games GSC or RBR, but I would like to check them out. Do you have more information, like their full names? I have tried rFactor 1, rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa, but I find them to be childish in their physics models, much like the now dead V8 Supercars game was. I am looking for something to replace V8 Supercars with, which I played for many thousands of hours online, despite it's intrinsic problems when dealing with physics. XMR seems to be the only simulation that is better than V8 was at physics, but I am beginning to think it will never be finished, because it is too much work for one man to do, and no-one is able to get along with Eugene well enough to be any help to him. If there were people playing XMR, I would not be looking for another game, but after two years of waiting for someone besides Eugene to play against (He only plays for twenty minutes twice a month, if I am lucky.) I am coming to the conclusion that XMR will never get off the ground. It is a pity, because it is the only game I have seen that shows any real promise. It would probably be best for the game if Eugene would just give it away, for free, to an open source workshop to develop. It would only take a month, that way, to get from what Eugene has started, to being a full blown, finished game if this happened.
Kahn62

Postby pedropete » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Kahn62 wrote:Hi hasseb321,
I do not know of the games GSC or RBR, but I would like to check them out. Do you have more information, like their full names? I have tried rFactor 1, rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa, but I find them to be childish in their physics models, much like the now dead V8 Supercars game was. I am looking for something to replace V8 Supercars with, which I played for many thousands of hours online, despite it's intrinsic problems when dealing with physics. XMR seems to be the only simulation that is better than V8 was at physics, but I am beginning to think it will never be finished, because it is too much work for one man to do, and no-one is able to get along with Eugene well enough to be any help to him. If there were people playing XMR, I would not be looking for another game, but after two years of waiting for someone besides Eugene to play against (He only plays for twenty minutes twice a month, if I am lucky.) I am coming to the conclusion that XMR will never get off the ground. It is a pity, because it is the only game I have seen that shows any real promise. It would probably be best for the game if Eugene would just give it away, for free, to an open source workshop to develop. It would only take a month, that way, to get from what Eugene has started, to being a full blown, finished game if this happened.

Hi, well I agree with all the above and it is such a shame. I owned X-M-R a few years back and finally gave up on it because Eugene would not go for help.
I have since made a new build PC and X-M-R got dumped when I had a clear out a few years back; as I had lost all my purchase details etc, after trying to get re-registered, I have ended up buying it again :(
There are a few improvements; like a lot more cars and tracks to download, so that is better.
I play single player; so am not bothered about online racing as such, but my big disappointment is that there are no open wheelers of any description and especially formula cars. Does anybody know where I can download a formula car mod for this game?.
pedropete

Postby pik » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:14 pm

pedropete wrote:Hi, well I agree with all the above and it is such a shame. I owned X-M-R a few years back and finally gave up on it because Eugene would not go for help.
I have since made a new build PC and X-M-R got dumped when I had a clear out a few years back; as I had lost all my purchase details etc, after trying to get re-registered, I have ended up buying it again :(
There are a few improvements; like a lot more cars and tracks to download, so that is better.
I play single player; so am not bothered about online racing as such, but my big disappointment is that there are no open wheelers of any description and especially formula cars. Does anybody know where I can download a formula car mod for this game?.

IMSA looks like open wheeler

pik

Postby pedropete » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks for that.
I was trying to download the IMSA with the auto update, but it does not work for me; down loaded it by manual and now have it.
Pity it is not possible to race it against ai's; or am I missing something again. :)
pedropete

Postby pik » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Imsa is good car. I am not sure regarding A.I.
pik

Postby Kahn62 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:30 am

Hi hasseb321,
I got the demo of GSC and it seems like a great game. The demo is way too short to tell. I will not be buying it though, because there are no tracks on it that I am familiar with, and the demo is not long enough to sort out the menu stuff, learn a car and learn a track. If I had enough time to learn a track/car combo and set a good time, and then go online and race a bit, I would probably buy it. I would need at least a week to get comfortable enough with the game before I could decide whether it is a good enough game to buy. It seems OK in the physics, but until you get to race pace it's hard to say. Thanks for the tip off anyway. What is RBR?
Kahn62

Postby Kahn62 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:05 am

pedropete wrote:Thanks for that.
I was trying to download the IMSA with the auto update, but it does not work for me; down loaded it by manual and now have it.
Pity it is not possible to race it against ai's; or am I missing something again. :)

Pity it's not possible tp play online, against real people, or am I missing something.......
Kahn62

Return to General