XMR Editor

General discussion, news and update announcements

XMR Editor

Postby xmotoracer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 pm

could XMR Editor be tweaked when loading a track that it looks for the textures names & not file extensions...
ie...i model in 3ds max using dds files...so when i export to .tdo when opened in XMR Editor the textures aren't applied...

i tired the change extension feature & still no texture..
xmotoracer

Re: XMR Editor

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:52 pm

xmotoracer wrote:could XMR Editor be tweaked when loading a track that it looks for the textures names & not file extensions...
ie...i model in 3ds max using dds files...so when i export to .tdo when opened in XMR Editor the textures aren't applied...

XMR Editor can't load .dds files. I don't like the idea of adding .dds support because the .dds formats in DX11(DX10) and DX9 are different.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Eugene Cojocar wrote:
xmotoracer wrote:could XMR Editor be tweaked when loading a track that it looks for the textures names & not file extensions...

XMR Editor can't load .dds files. I don't like the idea of adding .dds support because the .dds formats in DX11(DX10) and DX9 are different.

i'm not asking for dds support...either tweak the .tdo exporter from max so the .tdo file when opened in xmred wll look at the texture names & not the extensions......the dds files i convert to tga & place them in same folder as exported .tdo file...
surely this can be done ?
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:52 pm

xmotoracer wrote:
Eugene Cojocar wrote:

i'm not asking for dds support...either tweak the .tdo exporter from max so the .tdo file when opened in xmred wll look at the texture names & not the extensions......the dds files i convert to tga & place them in same folder as exported .tdo file...
surely this can be done ?

Oh, I see now.
Adding extensions can be added easily.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Oh, I see now.
Adding extensions can be added easily.[/quote]

as mr burns would say ....excellent 8-)
xmotoracer

Return to General