My W.I.P

General discussion, news and update announcements

My W.I.P

Postby Roli » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:06 am

Hey Guys, today i started to have a look on the Tutorial of the F430. I'm just in 3ds Max for setting up the Mesh.

This is my project

Here with Shadowmaps and Shadowvolume

And here complete "boxed" :)

That's it for now i hope i can post some updates soon.

But i got a queston, i read on the next few steps of the tutorial that Springs and Shocks get Physik (the Meshes it self) in the XMR editor, but my car doesnt have Meshes for Springs and Shocks, it is possible to do it without these meshes? The Car is highpoly and this parts nobody would see anyway.
Roli

Re: My W.I.P

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 am

Hi Roland,

The car looks very impressive! I'm very impressed! Hope to see the car in-game and test it.
Yes, you can make a car without springs and shocks. FPS must be better In this case because the graphics engine doesn't need to animate them.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Roli » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am

WOW thanks for that fast reply, well the car model is from forza4 :D just modeled CSL parts :D i try my best to get some cars done. i see, if i have problems or question i can ask here in the forum. thx again for that fast answer
Roli

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:30 am

You are welcome and of course you can always ask here your questions.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Roli » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm

hm, i got some problems. now i have imported the tdo into the xmr editor, the windows (glass) is not visible or the mirror surfaces, the taillightglas i cant get it transpartent (doesnt work with texturmanager to transparent or with object setting to glass, glass0 etc).

also the mesh gets bumpy, or an "oversmoothed look" in xmr edior (yes, i allready normalized)

some texrures arent shown, but i guess i have to seperate everypart wich has a different texure.

i watched the video tutorial with the red car, but there is no glass :D and the f430 tutorial i cant figure out, how every material is settet.

the most problem i have now are the normal windows, and the taillightglasses wich i cant make them transparent that you can see threw the reflecor, or better on the leds.
Roli

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm

Check the alpha-channel of the glass textures. You can use glass textures from the F430 example (glass.tga). Alpha-channel must be more than 0.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Roli » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:36 pm

for the taillights i found the misstake i did in an other tutorial :D

for the glasses i didnt even know that it have to be settet with a texture. now i took the glass.tga from the tutorial car and now i works.

maybe i need a bit help for correct reflection setting for glass, carbon, rubber trim and plastic :)

here a litte screenshot, with transparent taillights and textured body. but its not the final result i have to work in 3ds max again for some mesh seperating. now i think i know the basic of texturing in the edtor. but the correct settings, expecially the reflections would be cool. pls tell me what u think.

i setting for shading lambert and phong at same time, it hope this will work :)

but now as promised the screen :)

Full Resolution: http://www.abload.de/img/unbenanntl9psb.jpg
Roli

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 pm

I can see that the glasses are transparent.
You should load any skybox in the TextureManager (for example from F430 folder - SkyBoxTrackPack.trc ) and turn on Car Mode in the menu->View->CarRendering->CarMode. In this case you can see the reflection as in the game and tweak them more accurately.
As in the video:
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Roli » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:08 am

So i guess the exterior i finsished with texturig, i hope u guys like it. gimme some feedback :)

Roli

Postby Roli » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:10 am

oh i got a problem with my xmr editor. always when i select a mesh parts, click right on proporties, my program crashes :(
Roli

Next

Return to General