X-Motor Racing 1.44, 1.45, 1.46, 1.47 & 1.48 Release

General discussion, news and update announcements

Re: X-Motor Racing 1.44, 1.45 & 1.46 Release

Postby Towers » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:23 am

Also, I use a Logitech dfgt, and I have a little ffb dead zone in the middle. Maybe this can be solved tweaking some value in the ffb options.
It would be also cool to let the steering wheel d-pad working (the up/down left/right arrows), since are the only bottons that aren't recognized by xmr.

Another thing I noticed driving the most of the cars specially those rear wheel drive, there is a kind of pendulum effect affecting the car and I don't understand where it comes from, because you can feel it also in the straight line seems as a consequence of weight transfer after coming out of a corner... the strange thing is it remains for a lot of time after the corner, you can feel the weight transfer going left/right continuously on the steering wheel. I tried herdening the rear suspension, but this turns in a very nervous rear end (thumb up for this, springs and shock abs are really responsive to adjustments), and obviously oversteer, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the help ;)
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:07 am

Towers wrote:Also, I use a Logitech dfgt, and I have a little ffb dead zone in the middle. Maybe this can be solved tweaking some value in the ffb options.
It would be also cool to let the steering wheel d-pad working (the up/down left/right arrows), since are the only bottons that aren't recognized by xmr.

Another thing I noticed driving the most of the cars specially those rear wheel drive, there is a kind of pendulum effect affecting the car and I don't understand where it comes from, because you can feel it also in the straight line seems as a consequence of weight transfer after coming out of a corner... the strange thing is it remains for a lot of time after the corner, you can feel the weight transfer going left/right continuously on the steering wheel. I tried herdening the rear suspension, but this turns in a very nervous rear end (thumb up for this, springs and shock abs are really responsive to adjustments), and obviously oversteer, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for the help ;)

The tiny FFB dead zone is a part of the FFB algorithm to prevent vibration and disbalance of the center position.
Try to change the FFB smoothing from "None" to "M1" or "M2". Maybe you will like them better.

Let me think about d-pad. Maybe I will find time and add them also.

As to the car's handling. Do you mean all RWD cars or some certain cars?
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:23 am

Well, I don't know exactly if all the rwd cars (tonight I'll test all of them), but I mostly drive them instead of the fwd ones like the Focus for instance. I can say the Focus seems it doesn't have that beahviour. You can feel it very pronounced exiting the last corner at D-park with the V911 or F458 Italia (maybe because of the rear engine and rwd) but you can feel it (less than the car mentioned) also with the M3 E92 DTM...

Another thing I missed, I don't know what you have improved in the tires, but to me it seems they provide more feedback from the road than before and give you more "sense of security" (don't know how to explain it) while driving, seems it has increased the "easy to drive, hard to master" law (thumb up also for that)... that's my opinion

Thanks
Towers

Postby xmotoracer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:44 am

Can you send me your \Drivers folder?
Or try to install it in another folder as "clear" installation.
And try to create another gameprofile maybe your current one is damaged.[/quote]

thanks....solution was to delete the xmotoracing folder....install fresh....then activate again with the activation program in main folder....also......I forgot to add full permissions to the games folder.......
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:53 am

Towers wrote:Well, I don't know exactly if all the rwd cars (tonight I'll test all of them), but I mostly drive them instead of the fwd ones like the Focus for instance. I can say the Focus seems it doesn't have that beahviour. You can feel it very pronounced exiting the last corner at D-park with the V911 or F458 Italia (maybe because of the rear engine and rwd) but you can feel it (less than the car mentioned) also with the M3 E92 DTM...

Another thing I missed, I don't know what you have improved in the tires, but to me it seems they provide more feedback from the road than before and give you more "sense of security" (don't know how to explain it) while driving, seems it has increased the "easy to drive, hard to master" law (thumb up also for that)... that's my opinion

Thanks

Simulation of the alignment torque has been improved a little. It influences on the FFB and tire simulation. So, the FFB should be another a little.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 am

xmotoracer wrote:thanks....solution was to delete the xmotoracing folder....install fresh....then activate again with the activation program in main folder....also......I forgot to add full permissions to the games folder.......

It's good to hear that.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Ok, I tested a bit more, I made a couple of lap for each of the original cars, so both fwd and rwd.
Well, for what I can suppose, it seems a tires related "issue" and specially when the tires are those on the drive axle and when are loaded simultaneously.
In the fwd cars this behaviour is not exposed because when we accelerate the drive axle (front) is unloaded. Here you can say "ok so instead under braking it is", no or at least not much, probably (I think) because the braking behaviour works differently from the tractive one.
So I can imagine (but maybe here I'm totally wrong and told a lot of rubbishes) that tractive and maybe in combination with the lateral tires "factors" are responsable of this behaviour.

These are only thoughts about what I felt through my steering wheel...

Sure Eugene has the right answer :D

Thanks
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 pm

I don't have the right answer yet.
I'm trying to catch your feeling of the car. I will test the cars more carefully. Maybe after that the answer will be ready.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Just to let you know, in the windows control panel in the controller options I use "overall effects" to 105 all other value are at 0, checked "use center spring" (don't remeber if it is so called) but setted to 0, and 700 or 900 degrees of rotation.
I also checked in game options for M1 or M2 ffb smoothness, and I knew I was already running with M2 profile, only increased the smoothness to 40, but it didn't solve this "issue".

Take your time :) and thanks
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks, I will check the center FFB dead zone and let you know.
Maybe it's possible to add an additional option for it.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

PreviousNext

Return to General