Hi all

General discussion, news and update announcements

Hi all

Postby Towers » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi all :) ,
I'm new to this game and forum, first thing first congrats to Eugene & Co. for the simulator, really impressive.
I would like to ask just a couple of questions to clear out some doubts, maybe questions already answered in the forum but I haven' t been able to find them out.
1. Is there the possibility to tune the setup of a car when you have already joined a server (I mean returning to pit, without leaving the server)?
2. How the wheel settings work in the setup tuning? I can't realize how to set it up with 900° of rotation (I use a DFGT).
3. Server pings are very high even if I refresh the hosts list, btw when I join a server my ping is very good. Is there only 4 servers running? Where can I find info about dedicated server (pc specs) and how it manage bandwith and number of players? Am I missing something?

It's all for now... thanks for your patience, and congrats again for the sim!

:D
Towers

Re: Hi all

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Towers and welcome to the forum!

1. You can tune the setup with the VehiclePhysics after joining to a server. There are no returning to pit, for a while.
2. Just check on the "Visual Steering Angle" in the game menu->Options->Controls->Extra. Then move the "Visual Steering Angle" slider to 900 degrees.
3. You are right about lags during refreshing server list. That is not fixed yet. I run only 4 servers (Located in Amsterdam and Sydney).
You can run your own server at any 2.0-3.00 GHz CPU. Just run the XMR Dedi Server and configure it.
The Max clients defines max number of players.
Upload and Download can be used to define your up/down bandwidth more carefully.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Thanks Eugene!
Towers

Postby SilverTrimm » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:45 am

If you run your own server, What kind of lag would you expect; if any?
SilverTrimm

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 am

It depends on many factors.
If you run it on slow internet connection in Arizona, for example, and people connect to your server from New Zealand, the lags will be very significant (100-200-400 or more ms.).
But if you run it on dedicated server in good data center in Amsterdam, for example, and people connect to your server from Germany, the lags will be very insignificant (2-5-10 ms.).
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby SilverTrimm » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:25 am

Eugene Cojocar wrote:It depends on many factors.
If you run it on slow internet connection in Arizona, for example, and people connect to your server from New Zealand, the lags will be very significant (100-200-400 or more ms.).
But if you run it on dedicated server in good data center in Amsterdam, for example, and people connect to your server from Germany, the lags will be very insignificant (2-5-10 ms.).

What about hosting from a computer right next to me? Can I host my own server and connect my other computer and race? That's what i meant sorry.
SilverTrimm

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:33 am

SilverTrimm wrote:What about hosting from a computer right next to me? Can I host my own server and connect my other computer and race? That's what i meant sorry.

Yes, you can host it on your computer that is close to you and connect from other computer and race.

If one of them is behind NAT, please have a look at this topic:
http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:21 pm

hi :)
Towers

Return to General