Looking to get into XMR. A few questions.

General discussion, news and update announcements

Re: Looking to get into XMR. A few questions.

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:54 pm

grobed wrote:How would you handle the differences between left and right sides for oval cars like the above mentioned late models. I too would be interested in building models of circle track cars but only see physics for front to rear distributions. You can compensate roll stiffness mathematically for differing spring rates, but I do not see where xmr differentiates between left and right shocks.

It handles the same values for the left and right sides of the car in the version 1.45.
I guess it's possible to add the different values for the left and rights sides. I will try to add it in the next update.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Bruce Carroll » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 am

I'm an rFactor modder myself, like Andy said when he started this post.. we are extremely interested in finding a new sim to mod. Did you have any success looking into the suspensions and tire models of dirt racing? If working on this is too much work for you, I completely understand. I know compared to road racing, us dirt oval people are pretty small. Thank you for taking the time look into this, We've put 1,000s of hours into modding rFactor over the years and it's gone about as far as it will go. A brand new sim to evolve dirt oval racing would be so huge to so many people. Again, thank you for your time!
Bruce Carroll

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:17 am

Bruce Carroll wrote:I'm an rFactor modder myself, like Andy said when he started this post.. we are extremely interested in finding a new sim to mod. Did you have any success looking into the suspensions and tire models of dirt racing? If working on this is too much work for you, I completely understand. I know compared to road racing, us dirt oval people are pretty small. Thank you for taking the time look into this, We've put 1,000s of hours into modding rFactor over the years and it's gone about as far as it will go. A brand new sim to evolve dirt oval racing would be so huge to so many people. Again, thank you for your time!

XMR supports only independent suspension. The tire model is universal and can be adjusted for dirt racing. But I'm not planning to add dependent suspensions. As for the dirt racing...I hope to add some kinds of buggies and ATVs likes here http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=222&start=270#p2602. It's not dirt track racing, but looks very interesting for me.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Previous

Return to General