Realistic Mods

General discussion, news and update announcements

Re: Realistic Mods

Postby Roli » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:16 pm

i understand your feelings. and thats why i quited modding the game for now. cause the grafic engine of this game looks like 10 or 15 years old and its not cometitive to other SIM Games wich are aviable to buy/or comming up like pcars, asetto corsa just to name a few.

but one thing i can promise u polygons are not the problem of the game (one mod car has about 300.000 or more polys (no pc game has such an amount of polys like this, and this is xbox360 niveau) and thats the main problem of the game engine it just can handle 3.5 gb (wich means 2 multplayer cars wich damage OFF, if u use mod cars)

its just the lack of details of the current grafic engine. bump mapping works, but only just in some cases othwerwise the textures are flickering, alpha channel textures still dont work etc etc.

well eugene is working on improving the grafic engine, but dont expect a miracle that xmr will look like pcars oder other actual games.

but the main problem of this game at the moment that it is a multiplayer game wich cant handle this mode of the just 3.5 gb memory support and the main reason are the highpoly cars wich are standard in this years of racing games ;)
Roli

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:22 am

I understand you guys, but we should realize that most people don't have GTX 680 SLI and Core i7 processors. So, releasing a track with 10 million polygons and a car with 500k polygons is not a good idea. 95 per cent of people will remove it at once because of 5 FPS.

The performance and playability are primary in racing games and games generally. But for some reason, some modern developers prefer to make modern screen-shots generators rather than playable software on the most 4-5 years old PC. Maybe because, they are supported by modern manufacturers of CPU and GPU, maybe not.

Anyway, as I talked many times, the graphics engine is being under development now.
Hope to see it improved significantly.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby ninapersson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 am

Graphic is not important for me. I have pcars, this game's graphic is wonderful but cars show reaction like a boat. I don't feel the cars. Rfactor2 is good but ı want to play street cars. So ı prefer xmr. I thnik graphic level should be same level rfactor1. And sounds are more important thing for all racing games. According to me, firstly sounds has to start development.

Sorry for my poor english.
ninapersson

Postby Roli » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 am

ahm eugene, of which 95% are to talking about? the 3-4 players wich are using xmr? honestly i cant understand why i hold on this oldie what u call grafic engine this days.

i guess of the 95% of xmr useres u are speaking from u, better buy better hardware and take your time with sence to make a better grafic engine, wich supports high poly models. but that will never happen, i figured it out. well i wish u really good luck with the game, cause it has so much potential and u also, but u use it in the wrong way.

maybe we will see us in multplayer mode someday (if its working) or here in the forum, but honestly im done with modding it. i will not spend hours of work for a thing wich wouldnt work properly in the game.

best example is dennis, he spent WEEKS (UNPAID FREETIME) on the bathurst track (from shift2, also a game engine wich isnt really actual), worked everything in the editor, then he exported it and what...yes, is laggs, i mean WTF the old shift engine can handle that.

and the main question for me is why i should live with low polys cars, when i can have better things, and thats the phiosophy xmr develover misses ;)

i dont want to insult u personally, cause u are a great and helpful guy, but that was my opinion about it. maybe u think of it
Roli

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm

The development process is a fight of compromises.
Intensive way of development vs extensive one.

As to the Bathurst track, the matter was in the bad optimization especially of the trees.
The track works fine after rough optimization.
I can upload it and everyone will make sure how it works.
I think if I make some more optimization on this track the performance will be increased up to 20-30 percent.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Previous

Return to General