Development news

General discussion, news and update announcements

Re: Development news

Postby Kahn62 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:49 am

It was all my fault Eugene, I accidentally installed the update to "C:\XMR\X-Motor Racing\X-Motor Racing" instead of "C:\XMR\X-Motor Racing", meaning I had two versions of the game installed. When I ran the game from the install, it loaded the updated version, but when I used the shortcut buttons it loaded the version that was not updated. Sorry to bother you with this.
Kahn62

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:53 am

Kahn62 wrote:It was all my fault Eugene, I accidentally installed the update to "C:\XMR\X-Motor Racing\X-Motor Racing" instead of "C:\XMR\X-Motor Racing", meaning I had two versions of the game installed. When I ran the game from the install, it loaded the updated version, but when I used the shortcut buttons it loaded the version that was not updated. Sorry to bother you with this.

All right. Glad to hear that everything works fine.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:39 am

Fixed some bugs in XMR Editor to work faster and more efficiently on cars.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:37 pm

80-90% of all people who download XMR demo use a keyboard.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Really?? It's like eat pizza with a spoon...
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Maybe, but it's an authentic fact. People prefer keyboard and mouse to play games.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Kahn62 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:14 pm

If you are talking about minesweeper, that's true, and FPS shooter games, yes, and many other genres as well, but with racing games that's just being silly. You cannot play a flight simulation without a flight joystick. You can try it, but it will never work well for you. That is why they make them. The same is true for a wheel in a driving simulation. That is why companies make wheels, so that racers can drive car simulations.
Perhaps you need to tell them to at least use a controller, if they want to lose a lot, and a wheel for best effect. Maybe these are the same people who complain that XMR does not handle well. Could you make it so that it will not work until a wheel or controller is plugged in, unless they select an option saying "I know I am doing something stupid, but I want to use the mouse and keyboard to try to drive a car simulation. I am prepared for it to be very hard to do. I also realize that I will never win an online race like that" before it will accept the option of mouse/keyboard.
I would simply make a wheel or controller mandatory to play the game, if I were you, Eugene. You really don't need people like that besmirching your fine game with their uninformed opinion. Make it a part of your minimum requirements to play XMR.
Kahn62

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 pm

The demo has a notice that it's better to use a wheel. But it's not persistent. Seems I need to think about it more.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:54 pm

I was on a short holiday somewhere here
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:58 am

Can't see you in the pic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Towers

PreviousNext