Development news

General discussion, news and update announcements

Re: Development news

Postby Kahn62 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Could you include a TeamSpeak server as part of the package? It costs about forty bucks a month, which now is probably too much, but it was enormously popular with the club we had for V8 Supercars. It really added to the social scene, and people could get help from the better players so they stayed, instead of leaving and saying everyone there must be cheating.
Kahn62

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:08 pm

Let me think about a TeamSpeak server and learn about it more. I only used it once.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Any chance of getting the wind shield wipers working on the DTM car ? :lol:

what is the point at the moment of putting xmr on steam when all you will get is people bitching about the lack of features or
it needs better graphics /sounds/ better high quality content ...this is of course around a day after they were saying how great it was..

games have evolved since V8 Supercars.

i do agree with you .......you could have a winner on your hands eugene if you just listen to what the other sims are doing well...

just like a lot of posters here....
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:49 pm

xmotoracer wrote:Any chance of getting the wind shield wipers working on the DTM car ? :lol:

It sounds interesting together with aerodynamical influence...
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Eugene Cojocar wrote:
xmotoracer wrote:Any chance of getting the wind shield wipers working on the DTM car ? :lol:

It sounds interesting together with aerodynamical influence...

indeed and exhaust smoke.....

eugene...if you look around at forums & reviews of xmr they keep harking on about the same things,...

excellent physics.....

graphics & sounds are **********

content is poor.......

it pisses me off when you have the talent to match or better the bigger budget sims atm.....

personally...i'd stall the modding for xmr atm as there is little or no attempts from a lot of the users to mod it...

all you get atm is people asking for this or that.......

it is as simple as this.....

what are the successful sims doing that you aren't ?

forget the laser scanning & big budget....

you have the talent.......

i've said to you over & over

assetto corsa.......nice ui......physics. xmr are better...like the sounds....

iracing........ok ui.......sounds.....not so much.....physics.....xmr is better....

rfactor 2.......thats too early to say.....not my cup of tea atm.......
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:14 pm

I understand you, but making is as a new title with another concept and idea will take at least 1-2 years.
But, new domain name is already taken :)
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Eugene Cojocar wrote:I understand you, but making is as a new title with another concept and idea will take at least 1-2 years.
But, new domain name is already taken :)

this i understand.......if it takes a couple of years than so be it....i wouldn't expect it over night......

eugene ....your saying on the forum that your not happy with the fact xmr is largely ignored but how many people
have come & gone here today and posted nothing to point you in the right direction ?
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:21 pm

xmotoracer wrote:eugene ....your saying on the forum that your not happy with the fact xmr is largely ignored but how many people
have come & gone here today and posted nothing to point you in the right direction ?

I think it's because no one cares about XMR and its future.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:44 pm

I think it's because no one cares about XMR and its future.[/quote]

seems that way
xmotoracer

Postby AratzH » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:32 pm

I do care about XMR and its future! I have been playing/using XMR since 2010 when I first bought it as a research tool. Ever since I have use it for many things, including my masters thesis. I also enjoy just picking a car and driving it. I haven't managed to play it online, but only because of timezone issues.
I don't know if we could compare XMR with any other actual o past racing/simulation software. Most other softwares give you visual experince, sound, online or comunity or lots of cars to collect and try. What XMR (at least for me) gives is the ability to have not only any car that exists but also any thing you could imagine (as far as you are wiling to make it :P ). I think that it is both its strength and weakeness. Apart from technical issues with online gaming (what I think it is a must nowadays, no mater what kind of "game" we are thinking about) I think the most difficult thing to overcome is getting a homogeneous set of tracks and cars for people to use. And that means hours of modeling, coding, texturing, etc. And without a big team such as the AAA games we are comparing XMR to, it is almost impossible to keep up with the path of content updates and such. But what if part of the game experience was creating/designing those cars, and then drive them against other creations in some sort of organized championships?
What I am thinking is some sort of desing&drive contest where teams of people have to design their cars following some set of rules. They have to choose things such as wheelbase, engine type, location of the components, aero... Then there is a race calendar they have to meet. They race against each other and then get to make improvements/modifications in their vehicles.
I did take part in a similar competition, only having to design the aero and not racing, just simulating results, and it was a lot of fun.
I think this could be a way to take the best part of XMR wich is is physics and customization capability and get it into a package that could be more atractive. I don't know how much change would be needed software side but I think that the basics are all there and it is just a matter of having an atractive envelope.
AratzH

PreviousNext

Return to General