Development news

General discussion, news and update announcements

Re: Development news

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:53 am

Not everyone races online....for me i usually prefer short races against AI cars but sadly that hasn't been introduced properly in xmr racing....

i find xmr strange as i try & suggest features & ideas to eugene about looking at the competition such as assetto corsa /rfactor/
and for the onliners lfs..but it is like talking to a brick wall.... i get it....you have one pair of hands but

why complain & hold your hands up in the air & keep saying why isn't xmr popular ?

what are the other sims doing better than you that people like ? it's that simple....

Lfs is how many guys again ? two or three ?

i keep telling eugene to create a solid base for the modders to work with..

so get the graphics /sounds/ online glitches etc fixed.....

just you eugene add two good original cars & tracks - not conversions from other games.....

then it's up to the modders to bring the content.....

the xmr ed is the best editing tool i've seen anyone release to mod a game eugene.....

you have bloody talent eugene & it pisses me of each time someone moans or asks you to include some totally useless feature that takes away from the main work....

i've read on many forums that the phyiscs in xmr are regarded very highly.....

1....make the xmr engine base solid as described above

2.....get to work on the two high quality cars & tracks.... road car & small single seater...

3......LFS as an example do very little updates to current lfs........do the same...spend the time on main work....

4......see what the main racing sims are doing & inc operate this into xmr.... if they are getting a lot of people interested & keeping them happy then do the same......

5.......turn xmr around...at the moment it is seem as dumping ground for illegal conversions.....hate that word illegal....

keep your forums free of this conversion stuff.....look at the assetto corsa modding section as an example....they have pleanty
current wip projects from many modders....bring them the base eugene & you will get people interested.......

6....add the single AI car i keep suggesting to you....this will help you race offline & get yourself up to speed & also better than racing on an empty track.....

get the AI car to race on a track & mimic it's real life lap times etc...not something super slow or fast........

7...add the practice/race/ championship i keep asking for .........

8.....re model the UI

finally...........get a work list and stick to it......don't jump of it & spend hours/days adding code for someone that requests
that a certain car they ripped out of forza 3-4 needs to have bloody indicators working....

i've said to you before about people throwing tantrums on here to get totally useless or non urgent features added to xmr........
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 am

I don't believe in wiling modders who create mods for a game without huge community anymore.
It's a waste of time without traffic.
It's a matter of psychology of people, not engines, physics, tools etc.
We live in times of social networks.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21 am

Eugene Cojocar wrote:I don't believe in wiling modders who create mods for a game without huge community anymore.
It's a waste of time without traffic.
It's a matter of psychology of people, not engines, physics, tools etc.
We live in times of social networks.

traffic .....

contact some of the pc magazines & offer xmr demo to include on their cover disc...
LFS did this very successfully a few years back.......

not engines, physics, tools etc. ?

of course it is....if you take the understanding that the current direction of xmr isn't working than fix it....

btw eugene......it says a lot to me that while you & i have been here typing this a few people have come & go & not said a word on this subject ?
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 am

xmotoracer wrote:traffic .....

contact some of the pc magazines & offer xmr demo to include on their cover disc...
LFS did this very successfully a few years back.......

not engines, physics, tools etc. ?

of course it is....if you take the understanding that the current direction of xmr isn't working than fix it....

btw eugene......it says a lot to me that while you & i have been here typing this a few people have come & go & not said a word on this subject ?

I'm pretty sure that PC magazines and all traditional media died several years ago. It's time of bloggers and social networks.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:29 am

I'm pretty sure that PC magazines and all traditional media died several years ago. It's time of bloggers and social networks.[/quote]

never the less eugene.....

this stands true....

for me it's cut & dry......

any business that is working against competitors in the same market will look at what the more successful business is doing &
try to improve on their model to mimic the above mentioned....

you have talent....thats for sure.......

you don't need the laser scanned tracks/cars that others with huge budgets staff have.....

get a solid working base with improved ui features i mentioned & things will turn around......

anyone else want to jump in here..........
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:34 am

xmotoracer wrote:never the less eugene.....

this stands true....

for me it's cut & dry......

any business that is working against competitors in the same market will look at what the more successful business is doing &
try to improve on their model to mimic the above mentioned....

you have talent....thats for sure.......

you don't need the laser scanned tracks/cars that others with huge budgets staff have.....

get a solid working base with improved ui features i mentioned & things will turn around......

anyone else want to jump in here..........

The good old days of PC magazines died.
I even don't have a CD/DVD driver on my computer :)
I need rethinking XMR because we live in the new world.
Seems I have some interesting ideas. But I don't want to reveal it yet.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 am

I even don't have a CD/DVD driver on my computer :)

i do but rarely use it anymore...

anyway keep my suggestions in mind.......

pretty impressed no one else joined in this conversation
xmotoracer

Postby Kahn62 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Well from my point of view, XMR is much better from a graphics and physics standpoint than V8 Supercars ever was, but I spent thousands of hours playing it despite it's obviously ludicrous attempt at vehicular simulation, and for many years there were thousands of players online having fun. It's best feature was that when someone set up a room the races flowed from one lap qualify to five lap race, and then onto another track, with one lap qualify and a five lap race, and then onto another track, with one lap qualify and a five lap race, and then onto another track, with one lap qualify and a five lap race, etcetera, with very little down time between races, allowing people to spend a lot of time per hour, about forty two minutes, actually driving. The problem with Dirt3, for instance, was that in order to make it work on a PlayStation they crippled the game, and then released it for PC without updating it, by having the same directional button interface, and the same delays, which were needed to allow the PS to play it. It worked out that I could only race for about thirty five minutes per hour, tops, and the other twenty five minutes was lost to the interface. This killed it off, but then, that was Codemaster's plan. They release a game now, and stop caring about it immediately, because they want people to stop playing their games. People playing older games still, are not buying their latest releases.You can't follow their lead if you want to continually upgrade your game and keep your drivers forever. You need to offer what they can't give their customers any more, and that is what V8 Supercars was. A game that will last the test of time. Codemaster's want to sell a new game every eighteen months. I have been disappointed with this attitude since I bought V8 and found out that there was no support for the game from the manufacturers, once it was finalised for release. XMR is already way better than any other game I have seen, and I have tried a lot of games. You are on a winner, Eugene, and if you could get people to play it you would have a serious chance at being one of the best racing games ever. The problem is that when people try your demo, and see an empty track, they drive about five or ten laps, and never come back. That is what every person who tried XMR told me. I con them into trying it, and they all say "let me know when there's people besides you playing it and I'll buy it". My brother owns the game, and you never hear from him for this reason, I nagged him into trying it half a dozen times, and now he won't even try it.
Kahn62

Postby Kahn62 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:21 pm

You said previously that you tried to get it onto Steam. Have you tried again lately? What do they say you need to do to get it up and running, as a Steam game?
Kahn62

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:42 pm

Kahn62 wrote:The problem is that when people try your demo, and see an empty track, they drive about five or ten laps, and never come back. That is what every person who tried XMR told me. I con them into trying it, and they all say "let me know when there's people besides you playing it and I'll buy it". My brother owns the game, and you never hear from him for this reason, I nagged him into trying it half a dozen times, and now he won't even try it.

Yep, this is one of the key problems. People are social animals as someone said a long time ago.
It's a matter of psychology of people.

Kahn62 wrote:You said previously that you tried to get it onto Steam. Have you tried again lately? What do they say you need to do to get it up and running, as a Steam game?

I contacted them twice 3 or 4 years ago. They have the Steam Greenlight now, but I'm not sure it's suitable for XMR because all cars and tracks are unlicensed.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

PreviousNext

Return to General