X-Motor vs VRacer

Free discussion forum

X-Motor vs VRacer

Postby SilverTrimm » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:57 am

Why do your games look and feel alike?

I mean this is just too weird. They also offer almost the same content creation tools you yourself offer.

V/r

Keith
SilverTrimm

Re: X-Motor vs VRacer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Do you mean vracer.co?
I never heard about it before and couldn't find a demo on the site.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby John » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:55 pm

John
John

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks for the info, John!
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby SilverTrimm » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:32 am

John wrote:Vracer.co is scam, read this:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/vracer.72167/

Ok then, does x motor racing and racer share any code? Is motor x racing just a more professional version of vracer?

Btw RACER supports oculus.

Please don't think I'm being aggressive, I am just am a responsible consumer who is confused about seeing what looks to be a very similar game in many locations. And for a person like me who wants to upgrade to the ultimate license, wanna make sure my money is well spent.

Thanks for the link on vracer. I could see that scam based on the layout of the website. At first I thought they stole motor x racing, but now I am looking into RACER, oculus support ftw!!!

Keith
SilverTrimm

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:53 am

SilverTrimm wrote:Ok then, does x motor racing and racer share any code? Is motor x racing just a more professional version of vracer?

Please don't think I'm being aggressive, I am just am a responsible consumer who is confused about seeing what looks to be a very similar game in many locations. And for a person like me who wants to upgrade to the ultimate license, wanna make sure my money is well spent.

Thanks for the link on vracer. I could see that scam based on the layout of the website. At first I thought they stole motor x racing, but now I am looking into RACER, oculus support ftw!!!

Keith

X-Motor Racing and Racer don't share any code, except for the calls of DirectX API functions, for example, and something similar.
Racer is a free simulator and you can download and test it any time.
I'm afraid, but I tried Racer last time 2 years ago and can't say something more.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby SilverTrimm » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:30 am

Eugene Cojocar wrote:
SilverTrimm wrote:Ok then, does x motor racing and racer share any code? Is motor x racing just a more professional version of vracer?

Keith

X-Motor Racing and Racer don't share any code, except for the calls of DirectX API functions, for example, and something similar.
Racer is a free simulator and you can download and test it any time.
I'm afraid, but I tried Racer last time 2 years ago and can't say something more.

I dl'ed it but currently am having a very hard time trying to run it. From what I can see its not the same at all; but once again I'm looking at the recent videos and similar feature list. With that being said, could it be possible to use the oculus code they have for free on the website to begin some sort of direct support for the oculus in X Motor Racing?

I would be more then willing to do tests with you at any time of the day. I'm currently a stay at home dad and will be until my daughter begins school this fall. Just in time for the consumer release of the oculus and maybe a final build of X-Motor Racing for Steam; with hi-def cockpits, US hosting, VoIP, Friends list via steam, smart AI, car point system (how good it is at high end, turning ect..). Would love to be your tester during all of this!
SilverTrimm

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:05 am

SilverTrimm wrote:I dl'ed it but currently am having a very hard time trying to run it. From what I can see its not the same at all; but once again I'm looking at the recent videos and similar feature list. With that being said, could it be possible to use the oculus code they have for free on the website to begin some sort of direct support for the oculus in X Motor Racing?

I would be more then willing to do tests with you at any time of the day. I'm currently a stay at home dad and will be until my daughter begins school this fall. Just in time for the consumer release of the oculus and maybe a final build of X-Motor Racing for Steam; with hi-def cockpits, US hosting, VoIP, Friends list via steam, smart AI, car point system (how good it is at high end, turning ect..). Would love to be your tester during all of this!

It's not possible to use the Oculus Rift code from Racer.
If you are so interested in the Oculus Rift support I hope to start adding it in 2 months.
I hope you will test it because I'm not sure I can order it directly due to Russian procedure of customs.

Upd:
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3877
https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5290
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby GTV » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 am

Live for Speed and Racer started at the same time.
They were excellent racing games, but both were abandoned.
GTV

Postby SilverTrimm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:24 pm

GTV wrote:Live for Speed and Racer started at the same time.
They were excellent racing games, but both were abandoned.

Yeah it's clear they are not the same games.
SilverTrimm

Return to Off topic