X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Free discussion forum

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm

The first couple of videos are really interesting as a reference.
Can't estimate camera's FOV. XMR uses 90 degrees as a default value.
XMR Developer
User avatar
Eugene Cojocar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby andy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Eugene Cojocar wrote:As to me...I'm not alone anymore :)
AZone helps me. But making good mods and cars is very difficult task.


That's good news.


I think what XMR needs, is endorsement from the influential members of the simracing community. Them spreading the word, would put XMR on the map.

So far on simracing forums the few threads that exist about XMR don't have many positive replies. I don't get the negativity about its physics, to me it seems all fine, the FFB feels very natural and informative. But who knows, experienced simracers may have a clear take on this, I didn't find such explanations yet.
andy
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:27 am

andy wrote:I think what XMR needs, is endorsement from the influential members of the simracing community. Them spreading the word, would put XMR on the map.

So far on simracing forums the few threads that exist about XMR don't have many positive replies. I don't get the negativity about its physics, to me it seems all fine, the FFB feels very natural and informative. But who knows, experienced simracers may have a clear take on this, I didn't find such explanations yet.


This idea is good, but I don't believe it.
The past 4 years on RD have shown that.
XMR Developer
User avatar
Eugene Cojocar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby andy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:31 pm

There are 2 conditions for that channel to work:
1. those guys know about it (RD was good for that);
2. and if they cared to try it, to like it;

I'm afraid many are too lazy to try it properly, or to tweak it for their liking. It's less effort to dismiss it from the beginning because of sound or some irrelevant bug.

As I said before, if they tried and didn't like the physics, they didn't post why, or at least I didn't find such posts.
andy
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Can you post here an approximate list of the influential members of the simracing community?

Frankly, I think this is a community of independent persons and group.

But I agree that people are too lazy :)
XMR Developer
User avatar
Eugene Cojocar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby TEXAS » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:01 am

My vote is for Laguna Seca too.
User avatar
TEXAS
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:38 am
Location: US

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby SilverTrimm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:50 pm

TEXAS wrote:My vote is for Laguna Seca too.



Laguana Seca is my fav track. Wish we had an online server with that on. I would race online over offline at that point.
User avatar
SilverTrimm
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:18 am

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby GTV » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 pm

User avatar
GTV
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:30 am

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 pm

SilverTrimm wrote:
TEXAS wrote:My vote is for Laguna Seca too.



Laguana Seca is my fav track. Wish we had an online server with that on. I would race online over offline at that point.


I'd run a dedicated server in the US 24/7 if at least 3 people are going to race on it.
I think the East Coast of the US is a good location.
XMR Developer
User avatar
Eugene Cojocar
 
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: X-Motor vs. Project Cars

Postby SilverTrimm » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:29 am

Eugene Cojocar wrote:
SilverTrimm wrote:
TEXAS wrote:My vote is for Laguna Seca too.



Laguana Seca is my fav track. Wish we had an online server with that on. I would race online over offline at that point.


I'd run a dedicated server in the US 24/7 if at least 3 people are going to race on it.
I think the East Coast of the US is a good location.


Looking into getting one hosted in my area for friends who are getting into the sim racing. Around Chicago. Cost isn't much but I don't really play XMR anymore. We will see though, Currently I just run local LAN for me and my friends (1 paid, 2 demo clients) but been playing live for speed more since Oculus is supported.
User avatar
SilverTrimm
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron