Added Multiplayer

GTV

Re: X-Motor vs. Assetto Corsa

Postby sever 43 » Wed May 21, 2014 7:19 pm

:o
sever 43

Postby Towers » Thu May 22, 2014 11:57 am

Talking about the core of AC and xmr, the main big difference "at a glance" between them is the graphic engine, AC runs with dx11 and xmr (for now :) ) with dx9... Btw I rarely look at the graphic in terms of "best quality"; for instance I still love to race with GPL and its mods, and I don't know why the environment while you are driving a GPL car at Spa67 really reminds you at the 60s era. From the physics side, my opinion could appear stupid or very simple... physics is physics... I mean both implement high quality physics... Here the licences come into play, because AC have access to real cars and real data with telemetry and measures, plus lot of feedbacks from real drivers since the AC HQ is located on the main straight of Vallelunga circuit (near Rome)... Both have mod tools... and in the end, to me, the important thing is to have a good driving experience, and I find it in both sims :D
Towers

Postby pedropete » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Roli wrote:Most realistic game i have ever tried. its a musthave for sim fans, perfect grafics excellent physics and its modable :)

I have AC and as you say it is realistic, but an even more realistic game is Game Stock Car Extreme (GSCE) , it does fall behind AC in graphics, but they are quite good and recently have been improved.
The tyre model is terrific and soon to come is "flat spots" which should be interesting.
I am just your every day sim racer and know nothing about coding etc, but I have been a sim racer since GPL hooked me in the late 90's and can only come from there when commenting...it works for me or it dose not work for me. :)
I still think GPL takes some beating and it still has a massive following.
I had X-M-R some years back but gave up on it...but it was always there in my mind; as it has so much potential, sadly not a lot has changed; a few more car and track mod's is nice, but no formula cars which is a let down for me as I am not too keen on "tin tops".
Not a lot of choice for racing the ai's also, which is a let down; as I don't race online anymore.
If there are any open wheelers to be got for XMR I would be grateful to know where. Thanks.
pedropete

Postby james owens » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 am

AC is a 32 bit game while XMR is a 64 bit one..
james owens

Postby Kahn62 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:44 am

pedropete wrote:I have AC and as you say it is realistic, but an even more realistic game is Game Stock Car Extreme (GSCE) , it does fall behind AC in graphics, but they are quite good and recently have been improved.
The tyre model is terrific and soon to come is "flat spots" which should be interesting.
I am just your every day sim racer and know nothing about coding etc, but I have been a sim racer since GPL hooked me in the late 90's and can only come from there when commenting...it works for me or it dose not work for me. :)
I still think GPL takes some beating and it still has a massive following.
I had X-M-R some years back but gave up on it...but it was always there in my mind; as it has so much potential, sadly not a lot has changed; a few more car and track mod's is nice, but no formula cars which is a let down for me as I am not too keen on "tin tops".
Not a lot of choice for racing the ai's also, which is a let down; as I don't race online anymore.
If there are any open wheelers to be got for XMR I would be grateful to know where. Thanks.

I tried GSCE for an hour, and it seems to be a great game, but the demo of one hour is barely long enough to sort out your menu preferences in. If they gave a good amount of demo time I would probably buy it, but I did not have time to work out a track properly to tell how the handling rates compared to XMR. They should give a week of free demo, because all of the tracks are South American ones, and I for one had never seen any of them before. The open wheelers are called Imsa (International Motor Sports Association), And are quite nice to drive.
Kahn62

Previous

Return to Off topic