Multiplayer and SDK external control

Multiplayer discussions

Multiplayer and SDK external control

Postby floubaresse » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:43 pm

I am contemplating having a private multiplayer setup where the cars are controlled via the SDK external control (either UDP or CPP interface). Is there a way to run more than one car simulator on one PC? It does not look possible because of the unique UDP port and shared memory obj, but perhaps you can configure those per instance of the game ?
floubaresse

Re: Multiplayer and SDK external control

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 am

floubaresse wrote:I am contemplating having a private multiplayer setup where the cars are controlled via the SDK external control (either UDP or CPP interface). Is there a way to run more than one car simulator on one PC? It does not look possible because of the unique UDP port and shared memory obj, but perhaps you can configure those per instance of the game ?

Do you want to run two copies of XMR or two cars in the same instances?
In the first case, try to run it with another UDP port, like UDP2 = UDP+2.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby floubaresse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks for your answer. I didn't realise you could control multiple vehicles in one instance of XMR. I have now realised that each time I use a different UDP port, a new car is created and controlled (up to 8 I gather from UDP ports used), that's cool. Is this documented somewhere?

I guess it means that I don't need a server for what I want to do : control cars remotely on the same track (with only a single view also, but this may not be a pb). :D
floubaresse

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:55 am

SDK doesn't allow control several cars in the same instance. I mean you can control several instances of XMR at the same time 2, 3 etc.
Use different UDP ports for each instance, for example 1200 for Instance #1, 1204 for Instance #2 etc.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Return to Multiplayer