Ideas for the game

Post your suggestions and wishes

Re: Ideas for the game

Postby Towers » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 am

Should it be possible to have a real time polygons counter while driving? As for the fps counter, to enable or disable in the options menu...?

Thanks
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 am

Towers wrote:Should it be possible to have a real time polygons counter while driving? As for the fps counter, to enable or disable in the options menu...?

Thanks

Yes, this feature is available already.
1. Turn on the Developer mode in the menu->Options->Misc->Game = Developer
2. Turn on the Developer info in the menu->Options->Display->Developer Info = Yes

After that you can see a polygons counter on the screen.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Oh... ok didn't know about that... thank you very much!
Towers

Postby Kahn62 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 pm

I would like to see an application that could run in the background, while I am doing other things, that alerts me when a room is open in XMR and has one or more people in it. Have it make a honking noise, like a car horn, but do nothing else. That way I could actually get a game of XMR occasionally with someone in it besides me.
Kahn62

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat May 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Kahn62 wrote:I would like to see an application that could run in the background, while I am doing other things, that alerts me when a room is open in XMR and has one or more people in it. Have it make a honking noise, like a car horn, but do nothing else. That way I could actually get a game of XMR occasionally with someone in it besides me.

I thought about this feature only added to the site.
I'm just thinking/learning/working on the new design of the site to make it more interactive. Hope to implement it as an application.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Kahn62 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Cool Eugene, but in the site, it won't alert me if I'm playing another game for instance, and I would soon stop playing any other game for a chance to multi-play some XMR.
Kahn62

Postby Kahn62 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:15 pm

I think that the demo does not give enough to hook people into the game. One track and two cars is not enough, you will only get about fifteen to thirty minutes worth of trialing being done by serious drivers for that. People will try it a bit, and get bored and NEVER come back, especially if there is no-one to drive against. In fishing, you have to give enough bait to interest the big fish, and like the big fish, the serious players needs a lot to get them interested enough in a new game to learn it. The more you give them for free, the more they will try it out, and the more they will like it. If you give them five good, finished, tracks, and five to ten good, finished, cars to drive, and ALL of the other cars to watch other people who have paid driving, then you will hook them for sure, as they will drive all of the cars, on all of the tracks you give them for free, and after about six hours of trialing they will want more. Especially if they see others driving different cars on their tracks as well.
I feel that if someone drives your free version for over one thousand hours, online, then you should give them the basic (Thirty dollar) game for free, because then when people do log on to try the demo, then at least there will be someone to race against, and that would make all of the difference for a lot of people, having someone there to play against. Don't advertise this of course, just send them a "one time offer" on the sly, otherwise then no-one would ever buy the thirty dollar version, unless they are in a hurry to get to the extra tracks and cars quickly, which a lot of people would do out of impatience anyway. It would amount to you paying them about three cents an hour to provide opposition for your clients and demo users, but it would literally cost you only one small sale, the chance is that they will still want to upgrade to normal or pro versions anyway in the long run.
XMR does not have the ability to do a race season, online. What more can I say? A race season should start with some practice laps, two to five laps, of a track, from the pits, from a rolling start or from the grid, with no countdown or penalties, then go on to some qualifying laps, one to three laps, starting before the start line with a standing start at the grid, or with a rolling start, and then do the race laps, three to fifty laps, starting from the grid, or a rolling start for some cars/classes and in the order determined by the qualifying laps, and then it should go on to the next track, and do the same thing, practice, qualify and race, and go on to another track and do the same thing, etcetera.
No-one plays it, because of the things I mentioned, and because no-one plays it online. Even Raceroom has people to drive against, with more tracks and more cars, in the demo, even though it is still only a "game" and nowhere near as good as XMR in it's physics, it murders XMR in the number of people playing online at any time.
What would be a good idea, if you have some time to spare, would be to optimise all of the half finished tracks, and make it so that upgrades for them would appear in the update master when and if they get re-done again.
Finishing off most of the cars, would be good too, for example it would be great if all of the cars in the game had headlights, so that they could all be used on tracks at night, and if they all could start on the grid/pit lane as they should, without getting a start penalty on most cars most of the time.
I and most people don't know how to, or are prevented from trying to adjust their NAT one way or another. No other game requires this setting to be changed to host a multiplayer online game. Could you remedy this?
It would be good if you could indicate the time of day of the races, like you do now in the "hot lap" section, while you are in the lobby of the online version, even though this information could not be changed, only viewed, it would be handy to know.
Kahn62

Postby Kahn62 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:30 am

Well that post seems to have killed this thread. Does no-one have any opinions, for or against, on any of these ideas? These are what I feel are the major problems with XMR at this time. If these could be addressed I think this game could finally have a chance of taking off and giving Eugene some much needed income and us racers some much needed competition to race against. There usually seems to be more people here, in the forum, than online racing when I check it. Why is that? Is it because you don't have to be here in person to have this page open or some other reason? If the people on the site, were in the game as well, or in stead, that would help Eugene and XMR a lot, by providing someone to race against..
Kahn62

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Wed May 28, 2014 7:33 am

Sorry, I just noticed your big post above.
My understanding.
1. As to the demo is too limited. Well, no one releases demos anymore. All of them are trying to sell it at first with the strong advertising support. http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=293
They release a demo at the end of life-cycle.
2. The forum is not available for the guests anymore, so we can see more registered users here.
3. Agreed about more finished cars and tracks and hope we will see them.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Wed May 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Forgot to say, I will have a look at the UPnP to traverse NAT. I think other games use it.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions for the game