Ideas for the game

Post your suggestions and wishes

Re: Ideas for the game

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:51 am

Towers wrote:Ok, personally I think it should be a good idea to fix some small bugs or issues the game has, for instance:

- multiplayer chat:
while you aren't in the server yet the keyboard layout (language) is ok but once you are in (on the track) it writes all capitals and with unknown simbols (almost to me). Other thing is out of the server you have to point your mouse on the textfield to be able to write else it won't let you write. Inside the server if you don't press T and let the chat box opened you won't read other people messages because it doesn't pop-up itself.

- choose a car before join the server:
it is useless to show all the cars available in our pc if you can't race them because they are not available in the dedi settings. Instead list all the car available on that server. Also useless the possibility to choose how many laps you can do, again this should be managed only by the dedi server or when you set up and host a race.

- dynamic time of the day:
day-sunset-night choices are ok but I think could be a huge better if you can choose the exact time 8:00 am or 2:00 pm or 12:00 am and so on.

- since there isn't a fully functional AI yet (I mean the ability to race against 29 AI opponents) it should be good to have a simplified game menu with more "known" choices: free practice (choose a car/track and car starts from pit lane) - time attack (choose a car/track and car starts on the track with red and green lighs - also with online scoreboard) - multiplayer - options - credits.

- car should be stopped before start to drive it:
when you jump inside a car to start racing, it moves a little and most of the time the game gives you "30 sec false start penalty".

- on screen telemetry:
this is a great stuff in the game, but I think it could keep confusion pressing the ley to switch between the varoius channels. I think it should be better to open a tab pressing the key, and let the user choose the channels he wants to watch, with a maximum of n channels, because while you drive it is difficult to look at the telemetry at the same time.

These are those I remeber better, tomorrow I'll continue...

I agree with all points, except for the ones about removing AI menu element and telemetry calling.
I will implement it, especially ones relating to multiplayer. I don't like in-game chat either.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:23 am

Forgot this:

- Multi-class support:
Another cool thing to add would be group cars by class (or power, or weight), to start implement multi class races. I think the ability to do multi-class racing is mandatory nowdays, a complete support to it, I mean let's say we set up a race with 4 different classes A-B-C-D, if I race in class C in a 2 hours race for instance, while I'm driving I should know my "in-class" position and my "overall" position, and also would like to know my split/lap times relative to the class leader, and at he end of the race obviously the final position in-class and overall.

Now I don't know if this is a small or a huge one, and if can or can't be done: day/night transition should be available in all graphic settings, not only with ps 3.0, and also should begood to remove that little freeze when you turn-on the headlights :)
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:46 am

Towers wrote:Forgot this:

- Multi-class support:
Another cool thing to add would be group cars by class (or power, or weight), to start implement multi class races. I think the ability to do multi-class racing is mandatory nowdays, a complete support to it, I mean let's say we set up a race with 4 different classes A-B-C-D, if I race in class C in a 2 hours race for instance, while I'm driving I should know my "in-class" position and my "overall" position, and also would like to know my split/lap times relative to the class leader, and at he end of the race obviously the final position in-class and overall.

Now I don't know if this is a small or a huge one, and if can or can't be done: day/night transition should be available in all graphic settings, not only with ps 3.0, and also should begood to remove that little freeze when you turn-on the headlights :)

Multi-class support is an interesting idea.

But as to day/night transition in the shader model 2.0 or lower...I'm afraid but it's not possible. SM 2.0 doesn't support large enough shaders.

The little delay on switching lights on/off is caused by additional calculations.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Towers » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 am

Eugene Cojocar wrote:But as to day/night transition in the shader model 2.0 or lower...I'm afraid but it's not possible. SM 2.0 doesn't support large enough shaders.

Ok, but what if a server host a race that implements day/night transition and the client is using SM 2.0?

Eugene Cojocar wrote:The little delay on switching lights on/off is caused by additional calculations.

Ok, I can live with that :D
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 am

Towers wrote:Ok, but what if a server host a race that implements day/night transition and the client is using SM 2.0?

The client just ignore it and render all with daylighting. At the same time, if other clients are using SM 3.0 they can see night, sunrise, sunset etc. It's just not possible to implement per-pixel lighting with SM 2.0.
Vertex lighting is very limited also, but faster.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Instead of a field of Ai cars....could you start with a duel mode ?
you race against a single AI car that can be set to race to match your best laps around a track...

would help get you up to speed on tracks also......
xmotoracer

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:26 pm

xmotoracer wrote:Instead of a field of Ai cars....could you start with a duel mode ?
you race against a single AI car that can be set to race to match your best laps around a track...

would help get you up to speed on tracks also......

I can write it down in my to do list but can't say the exact date of implementation. That list looks too big for me.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby xmotoracer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:03 am

I can write it down in my to do list but can't say the exact date of implementation. That list looks too big for me.[/quote]

I'd be happy with improved graphics & sounds & the duel mode against a single AI ....
xmotoracer

Postby Towers » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Towers wrote:
Eugene Cojocar wrote:The little delay on switching lights on/off is caused by additional calculations.

Ok, I can live with that :D

Just to know, couldn't you pre-load those calculations when the game is loading the car/track session? Because I noticed that little lag is shown only the first time you turn on the headlights...

Thanks
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Towers wrote:
Just to know, couldn't you pre-load those calculations when the game is loading the car/track session? Because I noticed that little lag is shown only the first time you turn on the headlights...

Thanks

I will have a look at the code. I think it's possible to optimize it a little.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions for the game