Ideas for the game

Post your suggestions and wishes

Ideas for the game

Postby xmotoracer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I would like to see

in player profile you can upload an image of your choice to represent you.this can be preset to a jpeg at 256 x 256

a qualify/race mode....also a championship mode....in this you can choose the tracks & their orders...

the championship mode has to have a set number of races....before the season starts you can test your new car out on the designated test track & see what the competition has to offer etc...just like real life....

im player profile if you take part in a full seasons race championship the points tally is updated to your profile as you go along
same for poles & race wins...

if you complete a full championship & win....the next championship you enter will reflect this by displaying on your car the number one..all other cars in the championship reflect also their standing in the last championship..so your team mate gets the number two etc....

like in real life ...in a full race season ,if you have a crash...if the damage is deemed severe enough , you may be sidelined for the following race in the calender. this will spice things up....

get the Ai cars to mimic the human players lap times to with a tolerance of say one thousandth of a second.
so human players lap times are watched by the AI cars & they will mimic the humans but....not slower times if the human has a bad lap the AI car/s will refer to the faster time to run at....

you could allocate an AI car to be a selected human players rival...so this car would follow you closely in laptimes during the race..
in qualify mode the AI cars will also mimic the best human players lap times...so even if a laptime is achieved by two cars withe the same time...as in real life the first to set the time is awarded the place..

failures either engines or tires failing etc...

forced pitstops during a full race...these can have errors & delay the release of the car...

aggressive driving by player is given a pit drive through or time added to final result......in championship mode this could also be a grid penalty.

the xmotor UI.......could you display the current installed version when game starts up ?

improved graphics for game.
same for sounds...
also....night time racing......
xmotoracer

Re: Ideas for the game

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am

Very good ideas. Hope to implement them step by step.
Especially core things like multiplayer, AI and then I can focus on the graphics engine.
Although I hope to add multi-materials supporting for the car in the version 1.4.
User can choose any material for a car like metallic, non-metallic, solid paint etc.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby ninapersson » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:40 pm

game playability is good but presentation is very very bad. Specially tracks and car cockpits looks awful and car sounds aren't realistic. Game need to polygons everywhere. Hdr effect is useless, because 8xaa not enough for this graphic quality.
ninapersson

Postby Yukon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:48 am

SLI and Crossfire support.
Yukon

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Tue May 07, 2013 5:49 am

I would like to focus on gameplay/physics/multiplayer/AI aspects. Not only graphics.
Maybe later.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Yukon » Tue May 07, 2013 8:36 am

Eugene Cojocar wrote:I would like to focus on gameplay/physics/multiplayer/AI aspects. Not only graphics.
Maybe later.

That sounds very promising.
The physical model is the best I've ever seen.
Yukon

Postby Towers » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 am

Just to syncronize my thoughs with your mind :lol: where are you now in this "to do" list?
Towers

Postby Eugene Cojocar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:18 am

I have my own "to do" list, but I return to some elements again and again. Some of them require a lot of improvements and several approaches. In other words, there is no limit to perfection.
XMR Developer
Eugene Cojocar

Postby Martin Ritter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Eugene Cojocar wrote:In other words, there is no limit to perfection.

+1
Martin Ritter

Postby Towers » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:25 am

Ok, personally I think it should be a good idea to fix some small bugs or issues the game has, for instance:

- multiplayer chat:
while you aren't in the server yet the keyboard layout (language) is ok but once you are in (on the track) it writes all capitals and with unknown simbols (almost to me). Other thing is out of the server you have to point your mouse on the textfield to be able to write else it won't let you write. Inside the server if you don't press T and let the chat box opened you won't read other people messages because it doesn't pop-up itself.

- choose a car before join the server:
it is useless to show all the cars available in our pc if you can't race them because they are not available in the dedi settings. Instead list all the car available on that server. Also useless the possibility to choose how many laps you can do, again this should be managed only by the dedi server or when you set up and host a race.

- dynamic time of the day:
day-sunset-night choices are ok but I think could be a huge better if you can choose the exact time 8:00 am or 2:00 pm or 12:00 am and so on.

- since there isn't a fully functional AI yet (I mean the ability to race against 29 AI opponents) it should be good to have a simplified game menu with more "known" choices: free practice (choose a car/track and car starts from pit lane) - time attack (choose a car/track and car starts on the track with red and green lighs - also with online scoreboard) - multiplayer - options - credits.

- car should be stopped before start to drive it:
when you jump inside a car to start racing, it moves a little and most of the time the game gives you "30 sec false start penalty".

- on screen telemetry:
this is a great stuff in the game, but I think it could keep confusion pressing the ley to switch between the varoius channels. I think it should be better to open a tab pressing the key, and let the user choose the channels he wants to watch, with a maximum of n channels, because while you drive it is difficult to look at the telemetry at the same time.

These are those I remeber better, tomorrow I'll continue...
Towers

Next

Return to Suggestions for the game